Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Melanie

Default Full Justify

I have a document with a table with 3 columns and one row. There is 3 lines
of text in the center cell. I would like all 3 lines to be full justified in
the cell, that is align exactly at both the left and right margins. I was
researching and tried a suggestion to got to tools, compatibilty, do justify
like WP 6.0. Even when I check this option it does not change the
justification. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Justify those lines, same as any other text. The fact that it's in a table
makes no difference.

"Melanie" wrote in message
I have a document with a table with 3 columns and one row. There is 3
lines
of text in the center cell. I would like all 3 lines to be full justified
in
the cell, that is align exactly at both the left and right margins. I was
researching and tried a suggestion to got to tools, compatibilty, do
justify
like WP 6.0. Even when I check this option it does not change the
justification. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
janet

Check the Table Properties, Cell tab, Options button. Uncheck "Same as the
whole table" Then you can format the single cell to be justified without
affecting the whole table. I hope this is the case -- this very property was
giving me fits last week.

janet

"Melanie" wrote:

I have a document with a table with 3 columns and one row. There is 3 lines
of text in the center cell. I would like all 3 lines to be full justified in
the cell, that is align exactly at both the left and right margins. I was
researching and tried a suggestion to got to tools, compatibilty, do justify
like WP 6.0. Even when I check this option it does not change the
justification. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Melanie

The setting justify like Word Perfect 6.0 does not seem to effect the way
word justifies at all. I want it to "expand" the text to fill the entire
cell or line like it does in Word Perfect. Has any one else had success
using this setting?

Melanie

"Melanie" wrote:

I have a document with a table with 3 columns and one row. There is 3

lines
of text in the center cell. I would like all 3 lines to be full

justified in
the cell, that is align exactly at both the left and right margins. I

was
researching and tried a suggestion to got to tools, compatibilty, do

justify
like WP 6.0. Even when I check this option it does not change the
justification. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

Hi Melanie,

Have you actually applied justified formatting to the text? (Select the text
first. Then press Ctrl+J, or go to Format Paragraph and set the Alignment
dropdown to "Justified".) If the alignment isn't already set to Justified,
the compatibility option is ignored.

For completeness, here's an explanation of what the option does: Usually,
Word does justification only by expanding the spaces between words in a
line. Although this works, it sometimes causes the spaces to become very
wide and unsightly. With the compatibility option turned on, Word first
tries squeezing the spaces slightly to see whether the first word from the
next line can be brought back to the end of the current line. Only if that
doesn't work does it expand the spaces. But all this happens only *after*
you turn on justification.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't believe this setting affects alignment--just cell margins.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Melanie" wrote:

I have a document with a table with 3 columns and one row. There
is 3 lines of text in the center cell. I would like all 3 lines
to be full justified in the cell, that is align exactly at both
the left and right margins. I was researching and tried a
suggestion to got to tools, compatibilty, do justify like WP 6.0.
Even when I check this option it does not change the
justification. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

.

help system for Word should tell how to turn on full menus Graham Mayor Microsoft Word Help 1 January 25th 06 02:11 PM
Full screen Word window opens half way down the screen toreddie Microsoft Word Help 0 December 28th 05 06:57 PM
Word won't display full screen Lilybitt1 Microsoft Word Help 2 December 20th 05 06:03 PM
Justify juliasl0 Microsoft Word Help 2 May 24th 05 08:50 AM
How can I remove the "full screen" toolbar in word? Mr Curly Microsoft Word Help 1 May 14th 05 01:34 PM