Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dwest3

Default Page shifts after printing

I hope someone can help. I am printing 50-60 page reports from Word 03 to
network printers. At the moment I send the job to the printer, I can actually
see the page shift on the screen. On a larger report, this can really be a
problem with resulting in really bad page breaks. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Are you selecting the Printer at the time that you print? The way in which
Word formats a document is based on the printer that is active. Therefore,
you should have the Printer that will be used to do the printing as the
active printer at the time that you are creating the document.

Of course the impact of such changes can be lessened by using properly
defined paragraph styles that have Keep with next set as appropriate and by
avoiding the use of hard page breaks, multiple consecutive pargraphs returns
and other bad formatting practices.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.