Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cfdeb

Default How do I remove many returns at once from a word document

I have a document that has been created using the return button to only use
half the page. I need to use the whole page and as the document is 60 pages
of single space I'm trying to find a quicker way than just the delete button.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can search for ^p^p and replace with ^p, repeating until there are 0
replacements. Or, more efficiently, using wildcards (be sure to check the
appropriate box), you can search for ^13{2,} (that is, two or more paragraph
marks in sequence). For more on this, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/UsingWildcards.htm.

Note that this will only find empty paragraphs. If the extra paragraphs
contain spaces, you'll need to search for them separately.

"cfdeb" wrote in message
I have a document that has been created using the return button to only

use
half the page. I need to use the whole page and as the document is 60

pages
of single space I'm trying to find a quicker way than just the delete

button.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc

Cfdeb,
Use search and replace, click on the more button, click on special, select
paragraph marker, leave replace with empty. Hit replace all.
Luc Sanders (MVP - PowerPoint)
"cfdeb" schreef in bericht