Longworth2

Default Word 2003 Hyperlink Display Text

Word 2003 - Subdocument in Master document, when collapsed, is displayed
as a hyperlink with the full pathname and filename. Is it possible to
change the displayed text of the hyperlink and still leave the
hyperlink functionality intact? I would like to be able to change the
displayed text to "normal" English but I still require the linking
capability. Can I do this through VBA somehow?
Thanks
Longworth2

--
Longworth2Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Anne Troy

Right-click the style called Hyperlink in the Styles and formatting taskpane
and Modify it to whatever formatting you'd like it to be.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Longworth2" Longworth2.1sg2da@ wrote in message

Word 2003 - Subdocument in Master document, when collapsed, is displayed
as a hyperlink with the full pathname and filename. Is it possible to
change the displayed text of the hyperlink and still leave the
hyperlink functionality intact? I would like to be able to change the
displayed text to "normal" English but I still require the linking
capability. Can I do this through VBA somehow?
Thanks
Longworth2

--
Longworth2Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Longworth2

Thanks Suzanne but Word locks the subdocument when it is collapsed hence you
can not "Edit Hyperlink" - it is grayed out. Is there any way to "unlock" the
subdocument so that the hyperlink can be edited??
Thanks
Longworth2

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Right-click and choose Edit Hyperlink. The dialog allows you to both change
the display text and add a ScreenTip. As Anne suggests, you can also modify
the Hyperlink style to be the same as the Default Paragraph Font if you
prefer.

"Longworth2" Longworth2.1sg2da@ wrote in message

Word 2003 - Subdocument in Master document, when collapsed, is displayed
as a hyperlink with the full pathname and filename. Is it possible to
change the displayed text of the hyperlink and still leave the
hyperlink functionality intact? I would like to be able to change the
displayed text to "normal" English but I still require the linking
capability. Can I do this through VBA somehow?
Thanks
Longworth2

--
Longworth2Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Sorry, I have no experience with Master Documents. For some reasons, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Wh...ocsCorrupt.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Right-click and choose Edit Hyperlink. The dialog allows you to both

change
the display text and add a ScreenTip. As Anne suggests, you can also

modify
the Hyperlink style to be the same as the Default Paragraph Font if you
prefer.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.