Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Insert Symbol panel disaster!

This morning something caused the Insert Symbol panel (Word2007) to fill
the entire screen. It has only a Close button, not a Shrink or a Minimize
button, so it obscures where the symbol is to be inserted.

Closing and opening, quitting Word, and even Restarting the computer don't
help. How can I shrink my Insert Symbol panel?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George[_2_] George[_2_] is offline

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
This morning something caused the Insert Symbol panel (Word2007) to
fill
the entire screen. It has only a Close button, not a Shrink or a
Minimize
button, so it obscures where the symbol is to be inserted.

Closing and opening, quitting Word, and even Restarting the computer
don't
help. How can I shrink my Insert Symbol panel?

Double click the title bar and you can toggle between full and reduced
size. Also dragging the lower right corner lets you customize the
size.

Hth,

George

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[...]

Glad that did it.

"You can't drag the sides or corners of a window at full size."

You're right, to be more precise I should have said: "dragging the
lower right corner __of a reduced-sized window__ lets you customize
the size".

George