Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hans hans is offline

Default Words chopped at end of line

I am using MS Word 2003, and for the contract I am working on I have to use
Sans Serif font. The words at the end of each line get cut off and the
remainder gets put at the begginning of the next line. For example:

My friend gave me a wond
erful present. I ripped it op
en and I was happy.

I don't have this problem with Arial font. Does the Sans Serif font have
some odd settings that I need to adjust?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hans hans is offline

FYI ... I changed font to MS Reference Sans Serif, and this appears to have
fixed the problem. Note that when I tried to change the font after havng
saved the file it converted to a bunch of squares. I had to print to PDF and
then copy the text out from there to get back to useable words.

Hans.

"Hans" wrote:

I am using MS Word 2003, and for the contract I am working on I have to use
Sans Serif font. The words at the end of each line get cut off and the
remainder gets put at the begginning of the next line. For example:

My friend gave me a wond
erful present. I ripped it op
en and I was happy.

I don't have this problem with Arial font. Does the Sans Serif font have
some odd settings that I need to adjust?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

MS Sans Serif (as opposed to Microsoft Sans Serif) is a screen font. It is
not intended for use in documents.

http://word.mvps.org