Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Just Michael Just Michael is offline

Default How do I number my chapters

I am using different headings for my book's Sections, Chapters, and
sub-sections (in that order). I would like to have my chapters numbered
automatically so that (a) they will update when I move chapters around, and
(b) I can link the chapter number to attached charts. The MS Help says "make
sure there are built-in heading styles applied to the item as that you want
to add captions to. Heading styles are available from the Formatting
Palette.'

However, I cannot find any instructions about WHICH built-in heading style
to use, nor anything about how to implement automatic chapter numbering in a
header.

My Chapters also contain names.

Chapters NeedAnswerForBoss Microsoft Word Help 3 June 18th 09 01:23 PM
Can Word Automatically Number My Chapters [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 April 10th 09 06:25 PM
TOC of whole doc and of chapters within ArielZusya Microsoft Word Help 3 January 9th 09 10:53 AM
Chapters.... TJ Gunnz Page Layout 3 January 25th 08 08:28 AM
page number not appearing on first page of chapters Slesinger Microsoft Word Help 4 November 3rd 07 10:46 PM