Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nnn5 nnn5 is offline

Default .doc extension

Hi,
I am trying to upload my resume to a recruitment agency website and when I
try to do it it comes up with an error that says "the file type you are
uploading to ......must be a doc extension. Please click on browse again and
select another file with the .doc extension". I have saved the file as a
word document. The resume was originally sent by email, and I then saved it
in word. Could this have something to do with it?Can anybody help me?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Let me guess? You are using Word 2007 - which saves documents in docx
format. Use the save as Word 97-2003 option.

nnn5 wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to upload my resume to a recruitment agency website and
when I try to do it it comes up with an error that says "the file
type you are uploading to ......must be a doc extension. Please click
on browse again and select another file with the .doc extension". I
have saved the file as a word document. The resume was originally
sent by email, and I then saved it in word. Could this have something
to do with it?Can anybody help me? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nnn5 nnn5 is offline

Hi Graham,
Did that, still not working. Any other ideas?

nnn5 wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to upload my resume to a recruitment agency website and
when I try to do it it comes up with an error that says "the file
type you are uploading to ......must be a doc extension. Please click
on browse again and select another file with the .doc extension". I
have saved the file as a word document. The resume was originally
sent by email, and I then saved it in word. Could this have something
to do with it?Can anybody help me? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Are you using Word 2007?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

nnn5 wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to upload my resume to a recruitment agency website and
when I try to do it it comes up with an error that says "the file
type you are uploading to ......must be a doc extension. Please click
on browse again and select another file with the .doc extension". I
have saved the file as a word document. The resume was originally
sent by email, and I then saved it in word. Could this have something
to do with it?Can anybody help me? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nnn5 nnn5 is offline

Yes, but i have saved as 97-2003 option.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Are you using Word 2007?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

nnn5 wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to upload my resume to a recruitment agency website and
when I try to do it it comes up with an error that says "the file
type you are uploading to ......must be a doc extension. Please click
on browse again and select another file with the .doc extension". I
have saved the file as a word document. The resume was originally
sent by email, and I then saved it in word. Could this have something
to do with it?Can anybody help me? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It seems you didn't. The Word 97-2003 save as option will save the document
with the doc extension.

nnn5 wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to upload my resume to a recruitment agency website
and when I try to do it it comes up with an error that says "the
file type you are uploading to ......must be a doc extension.
Please click on browse again and select another file with the
.doc extension". I have saved the file as a word document. The
resume was originally sent by email, and I then saved it in word.
Could this have something to do with it?Can anybody help me?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I suspect that you have Windows setup with its default setting of not
displaying filename extensions. It might be a plan to change this from,
Windows Explorer Tools Folder Options View so that there is less scope
for confusion. Note that simply renaming a docx file to doc, does not change
the file type.

nnn5 wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to upload my resume to a recruitment agency website
and when I try to do it it comes up with an error that says "the
file type you are uploading to ......must be a doc extension.
Please click on browse again and select another file with the
.doc extension". I have saved the file as a word document. The
resume was originally sent by email, and I then saved it in word.
Could this have something to do with it?Can anybody help me?
Thanks!

How to delete a 3 dot extension and why? Chad Harris Formatting Long Documents 11 December 29th 10 12:32 AM
TOC extension No Name New Users 5 April 13th 07 03:16 PM
.odt file extension Dewayne Microsoft Word Help 2 June 21st 06 03:44 AM
doc ID + extension Kim Microsoft Word Help 2 March 1st 06 02:30 PM
*.asc extension ShadowMan Microsoft Word Help 0 April 1st 05 05:43 PM