Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sherrieno1 Sherrieno1 is offline

Default File/Open

Please help!!!!
Someone in the office is using Word 2002 and the rest of us are on Word
2000. One thing she is trying to find out at the moment is - in 2000 when
you click on File, Open and then type in part of a file name and click on
Open you get a list of possible file names - how do you do this in Word 2002?
She has tried this and it still shows all files in that directory and not
ones only with those letters.
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Sherrie,

In Word 2002 use wildcards in the filename field, as you would in Windows search. For example, to find files that have mer in the
name you can type in
*mer*
to find the files.

--