Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian __ Lowe Brian __ Lowe is offline

Default How do I locate Word (2007) template files?

In 2003 I could set the folder in ToolsOptionsFile locations and from then
on when I wanted to create a new docuemtn base don my custom template Word
2003 would show me all the templates in that folder.

What's the equivalent in 2007?

I've set the file location in Word optionsAdvancedFile locations but when
I try to start a new doc I can't get to that folder.

Searching help for keywords like "template" or "file location" brings tons
of irrelevant items offering me templates (but where would I store them?) or
telling about saving my documents.

I'm assuming 2007 does it in a much more intuitive way than 2003 - but I'm
stumped looking for it!

Brian
----@
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Are you saying ...
1. you have a folder which contains templates
2. you have specified that folder in the File Location (Advanced Word
Option)
3. you click the Office Button and select New
4. you click on My Templates and none of your templates are listed?

What response does Word give you? Does the dialog box not open?

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.