Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Creating a table of effective pages

I am creating an employee Standard Operations Manual and need to be able to
show the effective status of each individual page in the document. In the
past this was done by creating a table with a column for each page number
followed by columns for the page's revision number, effective date and a
blank to enter initials. The data was manualy updated with each page
revision.

The footer in my document already contains the info; Page x of x, Date, and
Revision #. Is there some way to link this data to the appropriate cells in
the table so that whenever a change is made to the footer it updates the
Effective Pages Table automatically?

Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Well possibly. You can bookmark the entries in the footer and reference them
from the Status Page.

But I am not quite clear about how you have this set up. Do you simply have
a running footer throughout the document? If so, you can simply put the same
fields in the Status Page as in the Footer.

But maybe every page is its own section with different footers and you
manually type in the date and revision number of each page?

More information is needed.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Jeff" wrote in message
I am creating an employee Standard Operations Manual and need to be able to
show the effective status of each individual page in the document. In the
past this was done by creating a table with a column for each page number
followed by columns for the page's revision number, effective date and a
blank to enter initials. The data was manualy updated with each page
revision.

The footer in my document already contains the info; Page x of x, Date,
and
Revision #. Is there some way to link this data to the appropriate cells
in
the table so that whenever a change is made to the footer it updates the
Effective Pages Table automatically?

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Thanks for the reply Terry,

I inherited this project from someone else but I believe they manually
entered the Rev. # and date manually in conjunction with the automatic page x
of x.

I'm open to trying any new techniques to streamline this process. The only
requirement is that each of the apprx. 75 pages of the document must have a
control block which contains that page's revision number and date of
revision. Each page is revised on a seperate timeline as need be.

Is it possible to have a footer common to the entire document which would
contain the page x of x info but also have a unique header for each page
which would contain the Rev. number & date. If so, could this information in
the header be linked to the page that contains the "effective pages" table so
that any change to the individual headers would automatically update the
table?

Thanks for your ideas.

Jeff

"Jeff" wrote in message
I am creating an employee Standard Operations Manual and need to be able to
show the effective status of each individual page in the document. In the
past this was done by creating a table with a column for each page number
followed by columns for the page's revision number, effective date and a
blank to enter initials. The data was manualy updated with each page
revision.

The footer in my document already contains the info; Page x of x, Date,
and
Revision #. Is there some way to link this data to the appropriate cells
in
the table so that whenever a change is made to the footer it updates the
Effective Pages Table automatically?

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Jeff

Then using a bookmark should work. If you bookmark the manually entered date
and revision number, you can then cross-reference the bookmark from the
Status Page.

Terry