Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Thom Little Thom Little is offline

Default Hex

How can I get Word 2007 to use hexadecimal instead of decimal numbers in the
Colors | Custom | Red/Green/Blue boxes?

Thom Little www.tlanet.net Thom Little Associates, Ltd.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Thom,

How can I get Word 2007 to use hexadecimal instead of decimal numbers in the
Colors | Custom | Red/Green/Blue boxes?

I don't think you can... This interface was designed to make it simple for
end-users, and the majority won't even know what hexadecimal is.

Why would you need hex, rather than decimal numbers?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Thom Little Thom Little is offline

The reason is that end-users who actually developing things on computers use
hex instead of dec everywhere ... like in the dozen or so image manipulation
programs they probably have installed. It is easier to do color matching if
the same number base is used in all the programs.

The correct answer would be that both hex and dec are supported and there
was a way to specify which you wanted.

Thom Little www.tlanet.net Thom Little Associates, Ltd.