Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colleen[_4_] Colleen[_4_] is offline

Default unable to edit textbox

I am in Word 2003. I wanted to make a portrait page number on a
landscape page. I used the option of creating a textbox, moving it and
changing the text direction. I want to revise it, but it's grayed out
and I have no idea what I can do. In format there is no option to
format text box. Thanks!

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colleen[_5_] Colleen[_5_] is offline

Suzanne, no, I disconnected the footer from the rest of the document,
left the footer blank and put my text box on the right hand side of the
landscape page. I can't select the text box or text at all where I am
now. Colleen.

Suzanne S. Barnhill;2009184 Wrote:
Are you in the header/footer pane when you attempt this?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Colleen" wrote in message
...-

I am in Word 2003. I wanted to make a portrait page number on a
landscape page. I used the option of creating a textbox, moving it
and
changing the text direction. I want to revise it, but it's grayed out
and I have no idea what I can do. In format there is no option to
format text box. Thanks!

--
Colleen-

--
Colleen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you can't select the text box when you are in the document body then
there's a good chance it *is* anchored to the footer. View | Header and
Footer, switch to the footer, and see if you can select it.

"Colleen" wrote in message

Suzanne, no, I disconnected the footer from the rest of the document,
left the footer blank and put my text box on the right hand side of the
landscape page. I can't select the text box or text at all where I am
now. Colleen.

Suzanne S. Barnhill;2009184 Wrote:
Are you in the header/footer pane when you attempt this?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Colleen" wrote in message
...-

I am in Word 2003. I wanted to make a portrait page number on a
landscape page. I used the option of creating a textbox, moving it
and
changing the text direction. I want to revise it, but it's grayed out
and I have no idea what I can do. In format there is no option to
format text box. Thanks!

--
Colleen-

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colleen[_6_] Colleen[_6_] is offline

Suzanne I went into the footer this morning by view header/footer. Once
my cursor was in the footer, I could select the text box. I was not
aware the text box would be connected in any way to the footer. I
thought it was just a stand alone text box. In your opinion, is a text
box the best way to create a portrait footer in a landscape page?
Thanks for your help! Saved me a lot of puttering! Colleen.

Suzanne S. Barnhill;2009672 Wrote:
If you can't select the text box when you are in the document body then
there's a good chance it *is* anchored to the footer. View | Header
and
Footer, switch to the footer, and see if you can select it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Colleen" wrote in message
...-

Suzanne, no, I disconnected the footer from the rest of the document,
left the footer blank and put my text box on the right hand side of
the
landscape page. I can't select the text box or text at all where I am
now. Colleen.

Suzanne S. Barnhill;2009184 Wrote:-
Are you in the header/footer pane when you attempt this?

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so
all may benefit.