clueless

Default Word hyperlinks

Hi, I've posted this request twice but the reply notification I received was
not an answer to my question so I'll try to word it differently: I have
hyperlinks in my process flow charts, done in Word, to show examples of
various forms, instructions and other word documents. However, the
files/documents that are opened by the hyperlinks don't close after going
back to the originating document (flow chart) so I end up with several
documents opened at the same time. Is this normal or is there a way to have
the hyperlinked documents close without manually clicking the X?
I hope this clarifies my question and thanks!
Wynn

If you are creating a prompt that opens another document, then it makes sense
that it stays open. If you dont like that, maybe you want to try linking to
some place within the document and then adding a hyperlink underneath the
expanatory chart that links you back to where you came from. You could
attach your reference charts as appendices in the back.

"clueless" wrote:

Hi, I've posted this request twice but the reply notification I received was
not an answer to my question so I'll try to word it differently: I have
hyperlinks in my process flow charts, done in Word, to show examples of
various forms, instructions and other word documents. However, the
files/documents that are opened by the hyperlinks don't close after going
back to the originating document (flow chart) so I end up with several
documents opened at the same time. Is this normal or is there a way to have
the hyperlinked documents close without manually clicking the X?
I hope this clarifies my question and thanks!

Greg

Clueless,

I didn't do extensive testing, but if you put this macro in your
document template it seems to work:

Sub WebGoBack()
Dim oDoc As Document
Set oDoc = ActiveDocument
WordBasic.WebGoBack
oDoc.Close
End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

I have the same issue - and this macro seems to do the trick. What would be
the code to do the same thing with Powerpoint and Excel hyperlinked files?

cheers