Jo

Default retaining formatting with DDE

I have a number of Word forms which obtain data via DDE from our CRM database
(ACT!).

I think I have done everything to preserve formatting - I checked the
'preserve formatting during updates' box, and the field code is {DDEAUTO
ACTWIN3 Database Name \* MERGEFORMAT \t}.

However:
Some fields (or parts of fields) are not retaining the correct font. This
appears to happen at random, sometimes part way through a field. It is not
consistent either. Each time I do a new form, importing data from a
different record, different fields end up with the wrong font.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated because I have failed to either
solve this or find a work around. Thanks!
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Jo,

What version of Word and Act are you using?
What formatting are you trying to pass that
is applied in Act?

Is the data always a single line of text or ???

==============

--
Bob Buckland ?:-) MS Office Products Family MVP
http://forums.compuserve.com/gvforum...=MSOfficeForum

jo w

Hi Bob,

I'm using ACT 2000, Word 2002 and Windows 2000.

I've set up the form in Word with all text in Arial. All fields are marked
for 'preserve format during update'
I then go to ACT, copy the required field, and then 'paste special' 'paste
link as unformatted text'.
So far, so good.

If I then go back to ACT and change to another record, I return to Word,
only to find that some of the text in some of the fields has changed to
Helvetica when the field was updated with the new record details.

This is inconsistent when changing from one ACT record to another (different
fields affected) - but is consistent for the same record. ie. if I change
to a different record, and then go back to the original one, the same fields
are affected again. I'm wondering if it is something in the way that ACT is
storing the data?

All data is a single line of text. Mainly name / address fields.

For various reasons we are unable to use Word as the default word processor
within ACT, so I'm having to run the two applications independently.