ChrisWis

Default Bulleted lists and tab functionality

I picked up a template off of Microsoft.com which makes extensive use of
bulleted lists, and I find it increasingly frustrating to edit these lists.

Usually, when creating a bulleted list, I only need to hit "enter" at the
end of an item to start working on the next one.

Suggestion one: Ensure that documents written for Word 97 that incorporate
bulleted lists have this functionality. Currently, when I hit "enter" at the
end of an item, I'm dropped into plaintext after the carriage return, and I
need to press the "bullet" button to create another bullet. This is annoying.

Next, this template is causing issues with bulleted lists at different levels.

Suggestion two: Ensure that adding a new bullet doesn't affect the other
bulleted items in the same list. Currently, if I have a bulleted list with
some bullets at multiple levels, adding another bullet (by way of typing
plaintext and hitting the "bullet" button) causes all items in that list to
retreat to the top level.

Example:

1) open the following resume template in an up-to-date install of office.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT010317041033
2) Press the enter key and type something in an attempt to add a bullet
point in the middle of the "Professional Experience" list. Try not to damage
anything when you repro the issue in suggestion one.
3) Press the bullet button to convert your text to a bullet point, please
note that it now is a bullet point in the same list and the same style as its
neighbors, which is nice.
4) Using the "tab" key, indent this bullet.
5) Add a second bullet point somewhere in the list by pressing "enter,"
typing some text, and pressing the "bullet" button. Note that the previously
indented bullet point has retreated to the top level of the list.

With many indented bullets, this can be quite frustrating.

--
I love cheese

click "I Agree" in the message pane.