Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mscertified mscertified is offline

Default How to put text under a table in a numbered list?

I'm dealing with a protected document in Word 2003.

I'm writing a section that consists of a numbered list. Within each list
item is a sub-heading, then some text, then a table containg a screen image.
I now need to insert additional text underneath each table/screen image.
How do I do this?

When I click there and press enter, it creates a new list item. Even when I
reset the style, the added list item still remains. I also need to insert
some space after the table and before my new text.

Help, this seemingly simple operation has me completely stuck.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

MSC:

I have no idea why what you're doing doesn't give the desired result.
Neither am I sure how the protected aspect enters into the picture. However,
as an alternative to inserting text in front of the list item, you could
insert a row at the end of the table, then convert that row to text.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If this is a text form field in a protected document, note that you are not
allowed to change styles or any other formatting. Instead, you may want to
put the data in an unprotected section, which allows for some formatting
changes (but there are still limitations compared to an unprotected
document).

If you are not the person responsible for the form document/template, ask
the creator for assistance.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP