Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
AnonPoster

Default data won't print

I have a user who created a mail list for a merge.

Word saved it to a .mdb file by default.

When we try to do the merge to Avery 5160 labels, the labels appear on
the page saying "next record."

When printed out, the labels say "next record."

I tinkered with it by highlighting 'next record' in the first label and
got the data to appear, but wrong:

"NexJohn Smith
21 Main St
Town, ST 12345ord"

I then applied the same to all the labels, at which point the sheet
turned back into all labels reading "next record."

I've done a few mail merges in my day, and I know something's wrong here.

What is going on here?
Where are good instructions?
Abd why in heavens name does Word save to .mdb? She doesn't even have
Access to open it and so would have to type it all over again to try
something else!

Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP