Linda

Default How do I run labels from my database in works?

I have a new Medion computer which has MS Works Suite, also Word. I have
created a database but when I go to try to run labels or envelopes I can not
complete the mail merge. Message says need microsoft exchange. Has this not
been installed or what do I need to do?
Peter Jamieson

When you have Works Suite installed, you usually have to initiate the merge
a different way from when you have a standalone version of Microsoft Word.
I'm not that familiar with Works Suite, but in the version I have here
(2004), you either:
a. start the Works Suite, click on the Programs icon at the top, select
Word in the left hand column and find the Mail-merge documents item in the
list or
b. (probably simpler) start Word and choose the "Address Book Mail Merge"
option on the Tools menu (even though you are not using the Works Address
Book). After you have selected the Document Type, you are prompted for
"Merge from the Address Book" or "Merge information form another type of
file" so you probably need to choose the latter.

The reason for this is that Word uses a special addin that only comes with
Works to allow it to access data in Works database format. If you use the
standard Mail Merge Wizard in Word, it does not know how to read files of
Works Database format.

Peter Jamieson