Marte

Default Problems opening word-file

When I try to open a word-document I get the message: "convert file from
coded text" (something like that, the message is in Norwegian) OK I say and a
whole lot of mysterious symbols appears which makes no sense. I have tried to
convert it from every other "format" without any luck. What can I do? This is
supposed to be a "normal" word-document with a picture inserted.

Anyone?
Herb Tyson [MVP]

The only time(s) I've seen that happen is when the document was corrupted,
either by a virus, or from having the file reside on a removable disk (and
the disk was removed before the file was closed).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Marte" wrote in message
When I try to open a word-document I get the message: "convert file from
coded text" (something like that, the message is in Norwegian) OK I say
and a
whole lot of mysterious symbols appears which makes no sense. I have tried
convert it from every other "format" without any luck. What can I do? This
is
supposed to be a "normal" word-document with a picture inserted.

Anyone?

TWayneImageMap

Herb,

I am having this very problem right now with a document that is virus free,
saved on the hard drive of my laptop. Any idea as to what is corrupted, and
how to recover? All of the suggestions that I have tried at best recover the
text with lots of garbage and obvious Word info (like MERGEFORMAT, etc)
intermixed.

T. Wayne

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Converted document from WordPerfect. New footnotes are not being. C Lowman Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 10:19 PM
Basic macros query - where are they assigned to? Bert Coules New Users 15 January 18th 05 12:28 PM