Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gary K. Gary K. is offline

Default How do I retrieve a document after clicking Save?

I edited a document in Wofd that I received by email from a friend who asked
me to review it and make any necessary changes. I made the changes and
clicked SAVE. How do I find the document that I supposedly saved?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BillW50 BillW50 is offline

In ,
Gary K. typed on Sat, 16 May 2009 12:43:01 -0700:
I edited a document in Wofd that I received by email from a friend
who asked me to review it and make any necessary changes. I made the
changes and clicked SAVE. How do I find the document that I
supposedly saved?

If you use Save As instead, it will tell you where it is at. It is
probably in your temp folder. I path something like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\{user name}\Local Settings\Temp

Save As also allows you to save it somewhere where you know where it is
too. Good to know for next time.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DJH6064 DJH6064 is offline

You can also go under the Office Button(in word 2007), and select Word
Options, select the save category and see where the default file location is.
In word 2003, select the tools menu, then options. Select the File Locations
tab and make the same change. You can then change it to where you want.
--
Dave Herard
MOS Master Instructor