Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MNBird MNBird is offline

Default some typing disappears when using "Save" or scrolling up or down

Using Word2003. I am using a cut/paste method of transferring data from
Office Express emails to a Word document. I have done this in the past with
no problems. At first, Word would not automatically generate a page 2 as the
typing continued. I rechecked View/Break/Continuous which seemed to work.
Then as I pasted info unto page 2 (about as far as the middle of the page),
whole chunks of the typing would disappear when I tried to "save" or just
scrolled up and down. Word also generated a page 3 which appears empty.
When using the "undo" button, some of the typing would return but when I
tried to save the file, part would disappear again. I have done this same
thing in the past with no problem but don't understand what is happening now.
I think that the data is somehow "there" but hidden, thus the generation of
an empty page 3. Help please. Thanks to all.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi MNBird,

Two possibilities come to mind:
1. your system's display drivers are misbehaving, causing the data for the next page to not display correctly
2. the paste is going into a table or textbox. Textboxes, and tables formatted with the 'around' attribute, can't span more than one
page. Tables with fixed row heights also won't display anything that doesn't fit into the space allowed.

--
Cheers
macropod

"MNBird" wrote in message ...
Using Word2003. I am using a cut/paste method of transferring data from
Office Express emails to a Word document. I have done this in the past with
no problems. At first, Word would not automatically generate a page 2 as the
typing continued. I rechecked View/Break/Continuous which seemed to work.
Then as I pasted info unto page 2 (about as far as the middle of the page),
whole chunks of the typing would disappear when I tried to "save" or just
scrolled up and down. Word also generated a page 3 which appears empty.
When using the "undo" button, some of the typing would return but when I
tried to save the file, part would disappear again. I have done this same
thing in the past with no problem but don't understand what is happening now.
I think that the data is somehow "there" but hidden, thus the generation of
an empty page 3. Help please. Thanks to all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It may also be a corrupt or incompatible printer driver.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP