KM1

Default Saving in Word

In word 2003, I have been finding copies of files that have already been
saved. I have not noticed this behavior in earlier versions of word using
the following saving procedures.

1. Save as - name the file and save
continue typing
2. Click on disk to save
3. Do a Save as again to make doubly sure document is saved.

Result is the original file saved and a copy of the original file. Weird.

Following the same procedure in Word 2000 it will ask if you want to replace
the file if any changes have been made. Never get this message in word 2003.
Does anyone know why this is the case. Never seen copied of saved files
like this.

Note: Always create a backup copy is not checked in tools / options / save.
--
KM1