determine the picture name in the document so that the macro can select the
picture.. The code would look like: ActiveDocument.Shapes("picture
4").Delete

#2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
external usenet poster

Default Find a picture in a document

Hi Patrick,

With pictures linked to the original image files, you can always use the image's filename.

With embedded pictures, however, unless you use vba to assign meaningful names to embedded pictures, you'll likely find yourself
trying to push a piece of string up a hill. That's because Word assigns the picture numbers according to the order in which they
were inserted into the document, irrespective of their relative locations. That and, if you delete one, the unused number doesn't
get reused. On the whole, therefore, you're likely to be better off working via the picture's location in the document. Even then,
if you've got more than one picture anchored to the same location, you'll be back to working with the insertion order unless you
start comparing page positions.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]
-------------------------

"Patrick C. Simonds" wrote in message ...
I have inserted some pictures in a document and I need to be able to use a macro to select the pictures individually. What I do not
know is how to determine the picture name in the document so that the macro can select the picture.. The code would look like:
ActiveDocument.Shapes("picture 4").Delete