Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gadget:Girl Gadget:Girl is offline

Default Problem removing page borders

I have inadvertantly added a page border on the LH side of a document. When
I try to remove it I keep getting an error message that says "The measurement
must be between 1 pt and 31 pt". Any ideas?

Gadget:Girl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

From the Format menu, select Borders and Shading and then go to the Page
Border tab and click on the None item in the left hand side of the Dialog
under the word Setting:

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gadget:Girl" wrote in message
I have inadvertantly added a page border on the LH side of a document.
When
I try to remove it I keep getting an error message that says "The
measurement
must be between 1 pt and 31 pt". Any ideas?

Gadget:Girl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Gadget:girl,
What happens if you choose no border thumbnail (apply to: whole document) in
the Borders and shading dialog and hit OK.
That should remove any page border. The message you are receiving indicates
that you have exceeded the space allowed by the program when formatting the
placing of the border, be it measured from the text of measured from the
edge of the paper. When you click on the options button you will see the
four measurements. Values must be between 1 and 31, otherwise you get that
message.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
I have inadvertantly added a page border on the LH side of a document.
When
I try to remove it I keep getting an error message that says "The
measurement
must be between 1 pt and 31 pt". Any ideas?

Gadget:Girl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gadget:Girl Gadget:Girl is offline

Thanks for the suggestion Doug. Tried this but it didn't work. I still get
the weird error message saying "The measurement must be between 1 pt and 31
pt".

Gadget:Girl

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

From the Format menu, select Borders and Shading and then go to the Page
Border tab and click on the None item in the left hand side of the Dialog
under the word Setting:

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gadget:Girl" wrote in message
I have inadvertantly added a page border on the LH side of a document.
When
I try to remove it I keep getting an error message that says "The
measurement
must be between 1 pt and 31 pt". Any ideas?

Gadget:Girl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gadget:Girl Gadget:Girl is offline

Thanks for this Luc. I tried the no border thumbnail approach but still got
the same error message. I also tried the Options approach, but when I click
on Options nothing happens. I don't see the four choices you mention, hence
I can't seem to get to the place I need to be to change the pt setting.
Weird. I've done a detect and repair but that hasn't fixed anything. This
is not a problem in a new document, only the one that has the glitch. It's a
total pain as it is a very long document. I've tried cutting and pasting
parts of it into a new document, but no matter what part I cut and paste, it
still brings the page border glitch with it.

Sigh.

Gadget:Girl.

A Problem with Borders Marsh Tables 1 January 11th 07 11:51 AM
Borders problem M Page Layout 2 February 8th 06 08:28 AM
Problem with page borders Richie B. Page Layout 4 August 28th 05 04:07 PM
problem whith page borders - no art list joe New Users 0 May 4th 05 12:15 AM
Why does page borders not appear in my borders and shading format. Mowgli Microsoft Word Help 4 January 11th 05 08:40 PM