Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
techwriterstl techwriterstl is offline

Default How do I get Chapter numbers to show up in TOCs?

I want my Chapter numbers to show up in the table of contents for my
document, but they don't.

Also, in order to get the chapter numbers to show up in the page numbers, I
had to put a hidden "Chapter 1" at the beginning of the chapter. If I just
put the Chapter # in the header, it doesn't add the chapter # to the page #.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Define the heading numbering as described at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html and
then see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/ChapterNumber.htm.

--
Stefan Blom