Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nahshon Evren[_3_] Nahshon Evren[_3_] is offline

Default Picture in WordXP

Hi,

I'm translating a long article on biochemistry for an environmental
group; there are several images in the txt graphs, that I've been able to
translate
since the 'edit picture' option is available - now I've come across others
where this option is not available, I guess this means that they are
imported images - does this mean that it's useless trying to find a means of
modifying the text (to translate it)
or is this possible ? 'Properties' is not available so I don't know the
origin of the
image ...

Thanks to all,

Nash

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hello Nash

Nahshon Evren wrote:
I'm translating a long article on biochemistry for an environmental
group; there are several images in the txt graphs, that I've been able to
translate
since the 'edit picture' option is available - now I've come across others
where this option is not available, I guess this means that they are
imported images - does this mean that it's useless trying to find a means of
modifying the text (to translate it)
or is this possible ? 'Properties' is not available so I don't know the
origin of the
image ...

yes, I would not bother trying to translate the pictures _directly_. You
might want to supply the translated text of the picture separately, say,
in a table with two columns (left original, right translation) of each
word/sentence/etc., whatever makes sense. Ask whoever is having to
create the translated picture whether he prefers this information
separately or, say, one such table below each image.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS