Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Heidi Heidi is offline

Default Oversized random headers

I am working on a word document that is over 290 pages long. 4 or 5 random
headers in the document just recently oversized themselves to take up the
entire page, giving me random extra pages when I print and random page breaks
in the middle of words and paragraphs. when i try and adjust the header from
the rulers it adjusts them all but to the size of the full page and not an
adjusted size. i have read through the other suggestions for this, and tried
a different things, and nothing seems to be working. This is driving quite a
few of us crazy, so any help is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

An apparent oversized header is often a sign of the vertical alignment
(Layout tab of Page Setup) being set to Center instead of Top. If you have
just a bit of text on the page, this may result from other (unrelated)
causes such as having too many paragraphs formatted as "Keep with next."

"heidi" wrote in message
I am working on a word document that is over 290 pages long. 4 or 5

random
headers in the document just recently oversized themselves to take up the
entire page, giving me random extra pages when I print and random page

breaks
in the middle of words and paragraphs. when i try and adjust the header

from
the rulers it adjusts them all but to the size of the full page and not an
adjusted size. i have read through the other suggestions for this, and

tried
a different things, and nothing seems to be working. This is driving

quite a
few of us crazy, so any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Heidi Heidi is offline

Everything is set to top, and I have no room for text as the header is taking
up the entire page, cutting into a few previous paragraphs or sentances. Any
other suggestions would be great.

"heidi" wrote in message
I am working on a word document that is over 290 pages long. 4 or 5

random
headers in the document just recently oversized themselves to take up the
entire page, giving me random extra pages when I print and random page

breaks
in the middle of words and paragraphs. when i try and adjust the header

from
the rulers it adjusts them all but to the size of the full page and not an
adjusted size. i have read through the other suggestions for this, and

tried
a different things, and nothing seems to be working. This is driving

quite a
few of us crazy, so any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Do you have nonprinting characters (and text boundaries) displayed? Are
there empty paragraphs or any sort of text box in the header?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

An apparent oversized header is often a sign of the vertical alignment
(Layout tab of Page Setup) being set to Center instead of Top. If you

have
just a bit of text on the page, this may result from other (unrelated)
causes such as having too many paragraphs formatted as "Keep with next."

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"heidi" wrote in message
I am working on a word document that is over 290 pages long. 4 or 5

random
headers in the document just recently oversized themselves to take up

the
entire page, giving me random extra pages when I print and random page

breaks
in the middle of words and paragraphs. when i try and adjust the

header
from
the rulers it adjusts them all but to the size of the full page and

not an
adjusted size. i have read through the other suggestions for this,

and
tried
a different things, and nothing seems to be working. This is driving

quite a
few of us crazy, so any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Heidi Heidi is offline

Yes, to nonprinting characters being displayed, no empty text in the header,
the header is entirely empty.

"heidi" wrote in message
I am working on a word document that is over 290 pages long. 4 or 5
random
headers in the document just recently oversized themselves to take up

the
entire page, giving me random extra pages when I print and random page
breaks
in the middle of words and paragraphs. when i try and adjust the

header
from
the rulers it adjusts them all but to the size of the full page and

not an
adjusted size. i have read through the other suggestions for this,

and
tried
a different things, and nothing seems to be working. This is driving
quite a
few of us crazy, so any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you can carve out small sample of the misbehaving bits of the document,
send it along to me at my email and I'll take a look.

"heidi" wrote in message
[...]

Huge bottom and left margin, oversized screen Bettina Microsoft Word Help 2 October 5th 06 09:12 PM
Random Characters Sue Microsoft Word Help 2 April 25th 06 08:58 PM
Random margin changes Sliwka Page Layout 1 October 7th 05 06:58 PM
Oversized Page WQManager Page Layout 1 April 13th 05 09:56 PM
Random Characters emj Microsoft Word Help 1 November 27th 04 08:02 AM