Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
El Guapo

Default how do I get words to blink in Word 2003?

I'm trying to have several word to blink in MS/Word 2003 but it tels me 'This
item is disable because it's no supported by web Brouser'. I'm using
Explorer 6.0.2 How can I have word to blink within Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Don't do it!! Blinking text is so very annoying.

If you have a *really* good reason, tell us what it is and somebody will
probably help - otherwise use a different method of distinguishing the text
in question.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"El Guapo" wrote in message
I'm trying to have several word to blink in MS/Word 2003 but it tels me

'This
item is disable because it's no supported by web Brouser'. I'm using
Explorer 6.0.2 How can I have word to blink within Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
El Guapo

Thanks Tony on getting back so soon. I'm actually trying to use MS/Word to
create a HTML template for my Cruise business. I have downloaded a web page
and now trying to edited and thats why I'm trying to have seveal words in a
row to Blink highliting word as 'This weeks Special Cruise Rates'. But the
Blinking word feature is dull and un able to click on it. Where do I take it
from here and many thanks

Sign: El Guapo

"El Guapo" wrote:

I'm trying to have several word to blink in MS/Word 2003 but it tels me 'This
item is disable because it's no supported by web Brouser'. I'm using
Explorer 6.0.2 How can I have word to blink within Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Hi El Guapo,

I say again - don't do it.

I don't know enough about HTML and web pages to help you myself but having
things flashing on the screen is a good way to drive people off your
website. Instead of blinking, try highlighting in some contrasting colour.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"El Guapo" wrote:

I'm trying to have several word to blink in MS/Word 2003 but it tels me

'This
item is disable because it's no supported by web Brouser'. I'm using
Explorer 6.0.2 How can I have word to blink within Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The correct answer is explained in “Application is not available” error
messages when you try to insert some Web Tools in Word 2002 and Word 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886299, but Tony is right: not only is
blinking text very annoying, but I believe it can trigger seizures in
epileptics.