Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Uriel

Default How copy style from document to template?

MS Office Word Help's "About applying formatting" topic says: "Reusing
formatting in other documents --If you plan to reuse formatting often, or in
other documents, you can add it to the template."

But the "organizer" from 2000 appears to be gone in 2003. How do you copy a
style to a template??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Uriel

Thanks Suzanne.

Yes, I see now there are those 2 other routes for getting to the Organizer
(besides the Style dialogue), which I hadn't used before.

But now that I've got "Style" back on my Format menu (per separate post) I
can get it the old way.

Thanks again!

"Uriel" wrote in message
MS Office Word Help's "About applying formatting" topic says: "Reusing
formatting in other documents --If you plan to reuse formatting often, or

in
other documents, you can add it to the template."

But the "organizer" from 2000 appears to be gone in 2003. How do you copy

style to a template??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One of the first things I did in Word 2002 was put a button on my toolbar to
access the Style dialog (see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm). Only later did
I discover that it's not *too* difficult to access the dialog from the
Styles & Formatting task pane, but I rarely use that TP.

"Uriel" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne.

Yes, I see now there are those 2 other routes for getting to the Organizer
(besides the Style dialogue), which I hadn't used before.

But now that I've got "Style" back on my Format menu (per separate post) I
can get it the old way.

Thanks again!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The Organizer still exists in Word 2003. Access it from Tools | Templates
and Add-ins or Tools | Macro | Macros or from the Style dialog.

so
all may benefit.