Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rmitvillage

Default Header and Footers

I am creating a document in word that I need a footer on for the first 16
pages. I do not want the footer to appear on additional pages. How do I do
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If the first 16 pages are not going to be edited later, use a section break
and change the footer for the following section. If the document length will
change, you could instead use conditional fields eg
{IF {Page} = "16" "Put your footer here"}

rmitvillage wrote:
I am creating a document in word that I need a footer on for the
first 16 pages. I do not want the footer to appear on additional
pages. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although Graham's field is the elegant way to do it, the standard answer is
to put a section break after page 16, unlink the Section 2 footer from the
Section 1 footer, and delete the content of the Section 2 footer. For the
general principles, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm