Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
erik_gregory erik_gregory is offline

Default Save Option Disabled?

Word 2003, Win XP. There is a document which I cannot save. The save button
is not grayed out or anything, it just doesn't save any doc changes. The Save
As option also doesn't allow me to save (when I click this option, there is
no pop-up asking where I want to save it). When I close it, I'm prompted to
save my changes but when I click Yes it still doesn't save the changes (and
the doc remains open...it won't close until I click 'No' to saving changes).
Extracting the content and pasting to another doc is an option, but then I've
built in hundreds of styles and other features that won't easily carry over
to another doc (this is our holiest of holy report templates). Very puzzling
and bizarre. Anyone have any ideas? Thanx!
Erik
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

I've never used the option myself, but maybe the document is "archive only"
or otherwise write-protected.

"erik_gregory" wrote:

Word 2003, Win XP. There is a document which I cannot save. The save button
is not grayed out or anything, it just doesn't save any doc changes. The Save
As option also doesn't allow me to save (when I click this option, there is
no pop-up asking where I want to save it). When I close it, I'm prompted to
save my changes but when I click Yes it still doesn't save the changes (and
the doc remains open...it won't close until I click 'No' to saving changes).
Extracting the content and pasting to another doc is an option, but then I've
built in hundreds of styles and other features that won't easily carry over
to another doc (this is our holiest of holy report templates). Very puzzling
and bizarre. Anyone have any ideas? Thanx!
Erik

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

I think you will find hte solution in this thread.
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xp=&sloc=en-us

Hope it helps,
--
Brian McCaffery