richards

Default turn off page numbering

I can't get my page numbering to work. I am doing a document that I want the
first two pages not to number. I would like to start the third page with 1
and continue from there. I think I have figured out how to keep the first
two page from numbering but when I start the third page with 1 the fourth
page doesn't number automatically. when I try to put the number in as 2 then
I have to put the fourth page as 3 and then the pages renumber as 3 for all
of them. My fourth page is a table. Is that what is messing up my page
numbering?

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

"richards" wrote in message
I can't get my page numbering to work. I am doing a document that I want

the
first two pages not to number. I would like to start the third page with

1
and continue from there. I think I have figured out how to keep the first
two page from numbering but when I start the third page with 1 the fourth
page doesn't number automatically. when I try to put the number in as 2

then
I have to put the fourth page as 3 and then the pages renumber as 3 for

all
of them. My fourth page is a table. Is that what is messing up my page
numbering?

Page numbering keeps restarting ibihab Formatting Long Documents 1 October 19th 05 09:29 AM
Page numbering and un-numbering Elbert Page Layout 2 July 8th 05 03:33 PM
Page Numbering Mess Karen Page Layout 2 June 29th 05 09:49 PM
Unpredictable section breaks odd and even pages and page numbering Roy Stannard New Users 2 December 16th 04 02:38 PM