Colonel Blip

Default Adobe Comments item on menu

Hello, All!

I installed Adobe CS2 and now I have two new menu items - Adobe PDF and
Acrobat Commnets. I can delete this to my hearts content from the menu but
when I restart Word they show up again. Any idea where these might be coming
from. I checked the Startup folder and not there. I deleted them from my
Normal.dot but that did not good either.

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

Greg Maxey

They come from a file named PDFMaker.dot

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Colonel Blip wrote:
Hello, All!

I installed Adobe CS2 and now I have two new menu items - Adobe PDF
and Acrobat Commnets. I can delete this to my hearts content from the
menu but when I restart Word they show up again. Any idea where these
might be coming from. I checked the Startup folder and not there. I
deleted them from my Normal.dot but that did not good either.

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

Colonel Blip

Hello, Greg!
You wrote on Sat, 5 Nov 2005 20:01:30 -0500:

No such animal on my disk. I've got several AdobePDFMaker files but none of
them are dot files.

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

GM They come from a file named PDFMaker.dot

Greg Maxey

Well, I have one and it is what creates those menu items on my system. The
file I have is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office11\PDFMaker.Dot

Hopefully someone else will be along with an answer that will work for you.

--
"Colonel Blip" wrote in message
Hello, Greg!
You wrote on Sat, 5 Nov 2005 20:01:30 -0500:

No such animal on my disk. I've got several AdobePDFMaker files but none
of them are dot files.

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

GM They come from a file named PDFMaker.dot

Daiya Mitchell

CS2 is the most recent version of the Adobe Creative Suite. It includes
Acrobat 7.

On 11/5/05 6:46 PM, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Acrobat 7 uses a COM add-in. I don't know what Adobe CS2 is.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Colonel Blip

Hello, Suzanne!
You wrote on Sat, 5 Nov 2005 20:46:24 -0600:

What I find in the folder "Drive:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat
7.0\PDFMaker" under the Office folder are these items. I suspect they have
something to do with the problem but I have no idea how to make them stop.

PDFMWord.dll
PDFMOfficeAddin.dll
AcrobatPDFMakerForOffice.tlb

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

SSB Acrobat 7 uses a COM add-in. I don't know what Adobe CS2 is.

Colonel Blip

Hello, Colonel!
You wrote to Suzanne S. Barnhill on Sun, 6 Nov 2005 14:21:53 -0600:

An update on this point. I renamed the L:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat
7.0\PDFMaker\Office folder and started word and it plus contents gets
recreated by Adobe.

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

CB Hello, Suzanne!
CB You wrote on Sat, 5 Nov 2005 20:46:24 -0600:

CB What I find in the folder "Drive:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat
CB 7.0\PDFMaker" under the Office folder are these items. I suspect they
CB have something to do with the problem but I have no idea how to make
CB them stop.

CB PDFMWord.dll
CB PDFMOfficeAddin.dll
CB AcrobatPDFMakerForOffice.tlb

CB Thanks,

CB Colonel Blip.
CB E-mail:

Colonel Blip

Hello, Suzanne!
You wrote on Sun, 6 Nov 2005 16:00:51 -0600:

Thanks, that did the trick.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

SSB See the last section of
SSB
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

Uncle Joe

Suzanne,

Adobe decided to get cute when naming its latest products "CS"
(Creative Suite) but it has caused widespread confusion. You
can regard Adobe Photoshop CS as Photoshop 8. The latest
PS version is now Adobe Photoshop CS2, which is really the
same as Photoshop 8.01.

It's simpler when software companies maintain logical numbering
schemes (I prefer years in titles) when producing new versions.
It's easier for me to relate to Office 2000 or Office 2003. When
I see a topic referencing Office 97, I immediately know it's about
an ancient product and to keep on moving. It's not so clear if the
topic is about Office CS, or Office CX, or Office 12.

Unfortunately, Microsoft promoted the trend by introducing XP
and Vista. We shouldn't be surprised if Word is renamed to
something such as "Expressive".

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
Acrobat 7 uses a COM add-in. I don't know what Adobe CS2 is.

"Colonel Blip" wrote in message
Hello, Greg!
You wrote on Sat, 5 Nov 2005 20:01:30 -0500:

No such animal on my disk. I've got several AdobePDFMaker files but none

of
them are dot files.

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

GM They come from a file named PDFMaker.dot

Don't knock "Office 12." That is just the version number (Office 2003 is v.
11.0). When Office 12 actually ships, it will undoubtedly have a different
"marketing" name, though Help | About Microsoft Word will still show 12.0 as
the version. Let's just hope that the "marketing" name is a year (as you and
I both prefer) and not something as confusing as XP (which was doubly
confusing because the component parts are Word 2002, Excel 2002, etc.).

"Uncle Joe" wrote in message
[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.