EWZuber

Default least expensive way to aquire Microsoft Word? I'm using XP Pro.

I would like to aquire Microsoft Word but don't need all the other bundled
software it seems to come with.(office)
What is the most cost effective way to aquire it? I'm using XP Pro.
Thanks
Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

If you don't want to pay, try OpenOffice..

http://www.openoffice.org/

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"EWZuber" wrote in message
I would like to aquire Microsoft Word but don't need all the other bundled
software it seems to come with.(office)
What is the most cost effective way to aquire it? I'm using XP Pro.
Thanks

Anne Troy

You can buy it at eBay (using the usual eBay cautions):
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...p=1%26fsoo%3D1
For most people, Word 2000 will be quite sufficient. I have 2002 and 2003,
and still use 2000 as my preferred version.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"EWZuber" wrote in message
I would like to aquire Microsoft Word but don't need all the other bundled
software it seems to come with.(office)
What is the most cost effective way to aquire it? I'm using XP Pro.
Thanks

Daiya Mitchell

One more possibility: The MS Works Suite comes with Word 2002, and is
usually around $70 after rebate, unless something changed recently. (Make
sure it's the Suite, not just MS Works, or it won't have Word)

On 10/17/05 3:02 PM, "EWZuber" wrote:

I would like to aquire Microsoft Word but don't need all the other bundled
software it seems to come with.(office)
What is the most cost effective way to aquire it? I'm using XP Pro.
Thanks

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

BillW50

Some versions of MS Works includes Word for less than $100. Is this what
you are looking for?

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

Uncle Joe

"EWZuber" wrote in message
I would like to aquire Microsoft Word but don't need all the other bundled
software it seems to come with.(office)
What is the most cost effective way to aquire it? I'm using XP Pro.
Thanks

Buy Microsoft Works 2006 Suite for $99.99. It includes six programs,
including a full copy of MS Word 2002. The package may include a
rebate but there are no guarantees.

http://www.microsoft.com/products/wo...s.aspx?pid=001

Be very, very leery of Works Suite 2006 offerings for $39-$59 on eBay.
You may or may not get a certificate of authenticity (COA) and you may
not get a legitimate product key. When it comes to eBay software, the
key phrase is "buyer beware."