Freddy

Default Dictionary?

I opened Word XP this morning and a warning message appears that states:

"The Custom dictionary C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application
Data\..... is not available."

I do not remember setting up a custom dictionary. Where is the regular
dictionary that Office XP uses located and how do I get Office XP to
utilize the regular dictionary again?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

The default custom dictionary, Custom.dic, is created by Word and is
available for you to add words to. When the spelling checker marks a word as
misspelled and you want it to be accepted, you can right-click on the word
and choose "Add to Dictionary." It is added to Custom.dic, which can also be
edited directly via the Spelling & Grammar tab of Tools | Options. You
cannot edit Word's built-in lexicon.

As to why the dictionary is not available, has there been any change in
permissions on this folder?

"Freddy" wrote in message
I opened Word XP this morning and a warning message appears that states:

"The Custom dictionary C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application
Data\..... is not available."

I do not remember setting up a custom dictionary. Where is the regular
dictionary that Office XP uses located and how do I get Office XP to
utilize the regular dictionary again?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

luc

Freddy,
The custom dictionary is a file where all the words are located which you
add yourself during the course of a spell check. Normally you should find it
he
C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof
Luc
"Freddy" schreef in bericht