antonio bellomi antonio bellomi is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation delete spaces between numbers

I need to delete all spaces between numbers automatically
that is to turn numbers like 34 45 656 to 3445656
how can I do, since the option ^# seems to be valid only for the search option but not for the replace op.?
tia

Default delete spaces between numbers

You can do this with wildcards. With the "Use wildcards" box checked, search
for this:

([0-9])( )

and replace with this:

\1

Note that this will replace every space after every number, not just within
groups of numbers. If the number groups are consistent, you can set up a
wildcard search that will search for the groups and replace them without
spaces. In the example you gave, search for:

([0-9]{2})( )([0-9]{2})( )([0-9]{3})

and replace with:

\1\3\5

For more on using wildcards, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/UsingWildcards.htm

"antonio bellomi" wrote in
message ...

--
antonio bellomi

Tony Jollans

That's a bit complex, Suzanne.

Find ([0-9]) ([0-9])
Replace with \1\2
Check Use Wildcards
Hit Replace All

Or if there might be multiple spaces, use Find: ([0-9]) {1,}([0-9])

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can do this with wildcards. With the "Use wildcards" box checked,

search
for this:

([0-9])( )

and replace with this:

\1

Note that this will replace every space after every number, not just

within
groups of numbers. If the number groups are consistent, you can set up a
wildcard search that will search for the groups and replace them without
spaces. In the example you gave, search for:

([0-9]{2})( )([0-9]{2})( )([0-9]{3})

and replace with:

\1\3\5

For more on using wildcards, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/UsingWildcards.htm

so
all may benefit.

"antonio bellomi" wrote in
message ...

I need to delete all spaces between numbers automatically
that is to turn numbers like 34 45 656 to 3445656
how can I do, since the option ^# seems to be valid only for the search
option but not for the replace op.?
tia

--
antonio bellomi

I'm not very strong on wildcards, I'm afraid.

"Tony Jollans" No Mail wrote in message
[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"antonio bellomi" wrote in
message ...

I need to delete all spaces between numbers automatically
that is to turn numbers like 34 45 656 to 3445656
how can I do, since the option ^# seems to be valid only for the

search
option but not for the replace op.?
tia

--
antonio bellomi

antonio bellomi antonio bellomi is offline
Junior Member

Wink

Thank you Suzanne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill
[...]

Andf thanks to you too, Tony