rgille

Default Formatting Listnum field

Hello - Using Word 2003, I would like to format a Listnum field to be a plain
vanilla number - just an arabic "1" without a parenthesis or period being
part of the Listnum field. When I click Insert Field Listnum currently,
the available Field properties are "(none)," which results in an arabic
number followed by an end parenthesis, "LegalDefault," which results in an
arabic number followed by a period, "NumberDefault," which results in an
arabic number followed by an end parenthesis, and "OutlineDefault," which
results in a capital roman number followed by a period. (Yes, I would think
"(none)" would mean no formatting, but in my Word 2003 it doesn't.) I know I
have been able to format the number to be "plain" in the past, but I'm not
remembering how to do this. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Second question: Once I have formatted the Listnum field, I want to have
two separate listnum sequences going in the same document. I plan to use the
Listnums to automatically number Interrogatories and Responses to
Interrogatories in the same document; both will start with "Interrogatory No.
1:" and "Response to Interrogatory No. 1:". Again, I know I have done this
in the past (in an earlier version of Word), but can't remember how to start
a separate Listnum list in the same document. Again, thank you!
Jezebel

The usual way: display the Bullets and Numbering dialog. Select a numbering
style. Click customize. Format as you like.

To do the second sequence, assuming the interrogatories and responses always
come in pairs, it might be easier to SEQ fields: you can use a simple SEQ
field for the Interrogatory {SEQ MyList \# "##0"} then use another SEQ field
with the \c switch to the cross-reference the preceding SEQ number.