Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MB MB is offline

Default 2nd Post - Inserting an Excel Spreadsheet

I didn't get a response from original post; I'm hoping someone will help me.

In the Purchasing Manual we are creating, we need to insert forms that were
made in Excel. One in particular is a travel expense form. It's not very
large, but it appears in my documents as very large (goes beyond the margins
in my document) and not all of the cells appear. The last three or four
rows are not included. In Excel, I made sure the set print area was correct
and even adjusted the scaling to 60%.

I inserted the spreadsheet as an object and linked it (it must be linked).
What am I doing wrong? Why isn't the entire form being inserted?

Thank you so much for your help. By the way, I'm using Word and Excel 2003.

I hope I explained this correctly.
--
MB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Select the range you want to import in your Excel worksheet and copy. In
Word, go to Edit, Paste Special, and choose the option "Excel Worksheet
Object". This will copy the whole range in as a single object that never
wraps across pages. It has the added advantage that you can right click it
and select a command to open it in Excel, if in the future you should need
to edit it. You could also choose to link it back to the original Excel
file, by clicking that option in the Paste Special dialog, so that any
updates you make in the original Excel file will be reflected in the Word
file
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"MB" wrote:

I didn't get a response from original post; I'm hoping someone will help me.

In the Purchasing Manual we are creating, we need to insert forms that were
made in Excel. One in particular is a travel expense form. It's not very
large, but it appears in my documents as very large (goes beyond the margins
in my document) and not all of the cells appear. The last three or four
rows are not included. In Excel, I made sure the set print area was correct
and even adjusted the scaling to 60%.

I inserted the spreadsheet as an object and linked it (it must be linked).
What am I doing wrong? Why isn't the entire form being inserted?

Thank you so much for your help. By the way, I'm using Word and Excel 2003.

I hope I explained this correctly.
--
MB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement