Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Salt 2065 Salt 2065 is offline

Default Latest Word 2007 Beta not letting me open existing documents

Word in the latest version of Office Beta just downloaded produces an error
message when I try to open an existing document saying that it my contain a
virus which it cannot as it hapens with new ones eg simple Agenda for a
meeting I have just typed.

At bottom of Word screen it shows legend "running virus scan" but I have not
added any new virus software so does this vesion of Word have a new virus
scanner and how do I turn it off This is a major problem for me
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Salt 2065 Salt 2065 is offline

Many thanks for this

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Disable your Norton Anti-Virus Office plugin.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote