Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Susan

Default Word document and macro?

I have recorded a macro and it works fine when applied to Word document.
Occassionally I have a few lines within the Word document that I do not want
the macro to change.

So I cut the lines out, run the macro, and then paste the lines back in. Is
there any easy way to protect those lines so that a macro will not change
them instead of cutting them out and then reinserting the lines?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Yes. Write a better macro.

No one can tell you how to protect unspecified lines from a Word macro that
you wrote or recorded. What is it that the macro does? My guess is that
there is a more direct way to accomplish the task such as applying a style.

Are you by chance someone who previously used Word Perfect? WP often uses
macros to do things that are more easily done in Word using built-in tool
like AutoText or styles.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Susan" wrote in message
I have recorded a macro and it works fine when applied to Word document.
Occassionally I have a few lines within the Word document that I do not
want the macro to change.

So I cut the lines out, run the macro, and then paste the lines back in.
Is there any easy way to protect those lines so that a macro will not
change them instead of cutting them out and then reinserting the lines?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Susan

I use the macro to change bbcode to html which involves changing the [ ] to
for posting to html boards. The are sometimes lines with the [] which
are not the bbcode so these lines must not be changed. I will just have to
monitor those lines.

"Susan" wrote in message
I have recorded a macro and it works fine when applied to Word document.
Occassionally I have a few lines within the Word document that I do not
want the macro to change.

So I cut the lines out, run the macro, and then paste the lines back in.
Is there any easy way to protect those lines so that a macro will not
change them instead of cutting them out and then reinserting the lines?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

I suspect someone has written a macro that does what you want done. I would
recommend posting in the vba beginners newsgroup with a subject line of
"convert bb code to html with vba."