Jeff

Default Formatting Bullets and Sub-bullets...

Hi I am working on a user guide where the lay out of the majority of pages
are all the same

Header
Section description
Numbered list
Screen shot
Verbose description

The problem I'm running in to is that the numbered list is not aligned as
I'd like and I find myslef having to move the tabs for them every time I
restart numbering for any given list.

How Do I set default tab settings for the Bullets/Number lists?
Also is there a way to format each page automatically, with out having to
copy/paste the format from the page before?

Thanks,

Doug Robbins

Define a use a Style.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi I am working on a user guide where the lay out of the majority of pages
are all the same

Header
Section description
Numbered list
Screen shot
Verbose description

The problem I'm running in to is that the numbered list is not aligned as
I'd like and I find myslef having to move the tabs for them every time I
restart numbering for any given list.

How Do I set default tab settings for the Bullets/Number lists?
Also is there a way to format each page automatically, with out having to
copy/paste the format from the page before?

Thanks,

You need to have a style for each one of these elements, including the
numbered list. I'd advise starting with the built-in List Number style and
modifying it as required. You will never be able to get consistent
formatting of numbered paragraphs without using a numbered style.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi I am working on a user guide where the lay out of the majority of pages
are all the same

Header
Section description
Numbered list
Screen shot
Verbose description

The problem I'm running in to is that the numbered list is not aligned as
I'd like and I find myslef having to move the tabs for them every time I
restart numbering for any given list.

How Do I set default tab settings for the Bullets/Number lists?
Also is there a way to format each page automatically, with out having to
copy/paste the format from the page before?

Thanks,

You have to set them in the Bullets and Numbering dialog, not in Format
Paragraph. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html and
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You need to have a style for each one of these elements, including the
numbered list. I'd advise starting with the built-in List Number style

and
modifying it as required. You will never be able to get consistent
formatting of numbered paragraphs without using a numbered style.

newsgroup so