Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wordup, No Worddown

Default Can't open documents from inside Word or Excel

When trying to open an existing/saved document from inside Word or Excel,
when the "open" box comes up and you click on anything, the open box becomes
"not responding" The documents open up correctly by going to them directly
and opening them from the site, but the open box does not work. I have
downloaded all the updates, I have removed and reloaded Office XP 2002, have
tried the word document troubleshooter. Am I missing something? Why can't I
access documents from inside these programs?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

See: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

I've read that a fixed update should be available in the next few days.

"Wordup, No Worddown" wrote:

When trying to open an existing/saved document from inside Word or Excel,
when the "open" box comes up and you click on anything, the open box becomes
"not responding" The documents open up correctly by going to them directly
and opening them from the site, but the open box does not work. I have
downloaded all the updates, I have removed and reloaded Office XP 2002, have
tried the word document troubleshooter. Am I missing something? Why can't I
access documents from inside these programs?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teresa

I have the same problem as you. I also cannot use the Save As function. I
simply get the egg timer and then it says not responding. Have you received
the answer to the question yet
--
Teresa

"Wordup, No Worddown" wrote:

When trying to open an existing/saved document from inside Word or Excel,
when the "open" box comes up and you click on anything, the open box becomes
"not responding" The documents open up correctly by going to them directly
and opening them from the site, but the open box does not work. I have
downloaded all the updates, I have removed and reloaded Office XP 2002, have
tried the word document troubleshooter. Am I missing something? Why can't I
access documents from inside these programs?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 "Problems in Windows
Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update
MS06-015".

If you aren't comfortable with editing the Windows registry
yourself, then go to
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll
down to Item No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web software -
Fix". Download and run the script to automatically modify your
registry as described in KB918165. You may need to temporarily
disable your antivirus program in order to run the script.

Teresa wrote:

I have the same problem as you. I also cannot use the Save As function. I
simply get the egg timer and then it says not responding. Have you received
the answer to the question yet

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See: You may experience problems in Windows Explorer or in the Windows shell
after you install security update MS06-015
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

If you aren't comfortable with editing the Windows registry yourself, then
go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to Item
No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web software - Fix". Download and run
the script to automatically modify your registry as described in KB918165.
You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus program in order to run
the script.

A revised version of the update is supposed to be released on Tuesday, April
25, to fix these problems.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.