Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John

Default word wrap on envelope

Im getting word wrap on an envelope address. Is there a way to get rid of it
without making the font small? There is plenty of room on the envelope.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Envelope Address style includes a frame that may be too small. This can
be modified either directly (on an envelope) or through the style itself:
Modify Style: Format | Frame.

"John" wrote in message
news
Im getting word wrap on an envelope address. Is there a way to get rid of
it
without making the font small? There is plenty of room on the envelope.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The Envelope Address style includes a frame that may be too small. This can
be modified either directly (on an envelope) or through the style itself:
Modify Style: Format | Frame.

"John" wrote in message
news
Im getting word wrap on an envelope address. Is there a way to get rid of

it
without making the font small? There is plenty of room on the envelope.

Thank you Suzanne for getting back to me.
But your reply leads me to yet more questions. This part of word, I never
touch.
1) I cannot find the place where changes can be made on an envelope.
2) I'm not clear at all how to change the envelope frame. There is an
"auto" setting that according to MS Word help, will accommodate whatever is
there. But it is not working on my system.
Thanks again.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have used "Add to document" to add your envelope to a document, then
you can modify the frame specifically on that envelope. The easiest way is
by dragging the borders of the frame. To change it for all envelopes,
however, you'll need to select Modify in the Styles and Formatting task
pane.* Use Format | Frame to change the dimensions as needed, and check the
"Add to template" box to write the changes back to Normal.dot. Although Auto
should in theory work, you might find it more satisfactory to specific exact
measurements that are adequate for your purposes.

*See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

"John" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The Envelope Address style includes a frame that may be too small. This

can
be modified either directly (on an envelope) or through the style

itself:
Modify Style: Format | Frame.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.