Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JSpence2003 JSpence2003 is offline

Default Watermark every page in Word 2007

I have a 50 page document, but when I insert a watermark, it only places it
in the current page.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Have you inserted it in the header/footer?
Does the document have separate sections?
Is the header/footer you have entered it into linked to other sections in
the document?

JSpence2003 wrote:
I have a 50 page document, but when I insert a watermark, it only
places it in the current page.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JSpence2003 JSpence2003 is offline

there are a ton of different sections, and a Table of Contents, etc.

But after I posted this, I was still playing around and found if I created a
custome Watermark, it would insert into every page.

Weird work around, but it works.

Jason

JSpence2003 wrote:
I have a 50 page document, but when I insert a watermark, it only
places it in the current page.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Yeah, strange workaround but it's actually a bug - one I hope isn't fixed.
;-)

It's the sections that is throwing off the watermark gallery. When you use
the gallery, the watermark is inserted into the active header/footer story
as opposed to all header/footer stories. Since more than likely the
headers/footers of your sections aren't linked then the watermark will not
display on every page.

So with that in mind, if you want the watermark on just the current section
then use the gallery. If you want to make sure it appears on all pages, use
the Custom Watermark option.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: