Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melinda Melinda is offline

Default When inserting a file, can Word 2007 automatically complete file n

I have recently switched to Word 2007. When I was using Word 2003, I was
able to insert another Word 2003 document into the document I was working on
by clicking ALT I-L, start typing the file name and then Word 2003 would
complete the file name automatically for me (very helpful if the file name is
long). However, in Word 2007, I only get a drop-down list which I have to
click with the mouse to complete the file name. Does anyone know how I can
change a setting to allow for the completion of the file name automatically?
Thank you for any help! :-)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 3 okt, 13:19, Melinda wrote:
I have recently switched to Word 2007. *When I was using Word 2003, I was
able to insert another Word 2003 document into the document I was working on
by clicking ALT I-L, start typing the file name and then Word 2003 would
complete the file name automatically for me (very helpful if the file name is
long). *However, in Word 2007, I only get a drop-down list which I have to
click with the mouse to complete the file name. *Does anyone know how I can
change a setting to allow for the completion of the file name automatically? *
Thank you for any help! *:-)

You can move through the dropdown list with the arrows as well. There
is no need to switch from keyboard to mouse.

I could be wrong, but I had the idea that the autocompletion of
filenames was actually an OS feature (Vista vs XP) and not an Office
feature.

Yves