Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kim kim is offline

Default Readability tools

I'm working on research on readability tools. There are several computerised
readability formulae and indices. I was wondering why Flesch Reading Ease and
Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level were selected and used in Microsoft Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Kim

Kim wrote:
I'm working on research on readability tools. There are several computerised
readability formulae and indices. I was wondering why Flesch Reading Ease and
Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level were selected and used in Microsoft Word.

this is a peer support newsgroup. Chances that you get an official and
authoritative answer on such a topic are, erm, pretty much negative (IMHO).

If you want to pursue this, you'd first have to get hold of whoever in
Microsoft owns (or owned) this feature back when it was introduced in
Word (and I have no idea how many version you'd have to go back for this).

Right now, the MSFT research page lists exactly two articles containing
"Flesch-Kincaid:"

http://research.microsoft.com/search...Kincaid&id=all

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports

READABILITY Carol Microsoft Word Help 3 September 30th 08 04:18 AM
Readability stats karen Microsoft Word Help 0 May 14th 08 06:05 PM
Readability Scores Katie Microsoft Word Help 1 May 13th 08 12:34 AM
readability statistics Emily Microsoft Word Help 2 February 23rd 06 10:37 PM
readability kklmn Microsoft Word Help 2 June 15th 05 08:21 PM