Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stellabeth stellabeth is offline

Default How to change style settings - hidden always visible, visible in .

When I switch from seeing all styles in my MS Word 2007 document to seeing
only the ones in use, several of the ones in use disappear because their
description says "always hidden"

How do I change a style description from "hidden" to "visible" or Visible
when in use?

And what is the point of this anyway?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can change the visibility of styles via the Manage Styles dialog box. In
the Styles pane (which you can display by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), click
the Manage Styles button. In the dialog box, use the relevant commands on
the Recommend tab. For example, click Show to show a style (and then assign
a priority to it), and click Hide to keep it hidden (no matter if it is
being used or not).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP