Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rhino

Default Odd Mail Merge error

I have a document that does a mail merge to produce a batch of labels
(actually membership cards for a club) and it is working perfectly except
for one error that I can't figure out.

When I "Merge to New Document", my new document is initially empty and the
Office Assistant immediately pops up a message saying "A field error
calculation occurred on record 10". If I click on that message, I get
another one that says "A field error calculation occurred on record 20".
Then the merge ends. When I look at the labels, they appear to be perfect,
including the 10th and 20th labels.

The database currently contains 22 records and the labels fit 10 to a page.
It appears that the last label on each page is having a problem, although it
doesn't seem to be messing up the label in any way.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong and how I can fix it? I'm
trying to figure out why only every 10th record would have a problem and
just what the problem might be. I've done an ALT-F9 on the document and each
of the 10 labels on the page seems to be identical, aside from the fact that
the first label on the page doesn't have a {NEXT} in it.

I can learn to ignore this error but I'd rather fix it if I can....

--
Rhino