Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fireballsabol fireballsabol is offline

Default I cannot easily access my already created templates...

I write professional legal documents. I have templates created. I cannot find
them to use them. How do I use them in this new piece of crap application?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There's a saying about bad workmen blaming tools that seems appropriate
here.
You might start by telling us which version of the application (hopefully
Word - if not you are in the wrong forum) that you used - and how you
created the templates. If you used Word's default method of creating
templates they will be in the folder defined for that purpose.

fireballsabol wrote:
I write professional legal documents. I have templates created. I
cannot find them to use them. How do I use them in this new piece of
crap application?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fireballsabol fireballsabol is offline

Mr. Mayor:

All of my templates have been created in Word. I have used Word since its
inception. Prior to that, I used DOS.

The problem is this. I was forced to upgrade to Office 2007. Therefore, when
I started a new document, whereas I used to get my sidebar allowing me to
easily access my templates, there is no intuitive method to do that in 2007.

As for your comment of "bad workmen," my father had a saying, " Be careful
what you say to people; you do not know there background or who they know." I
would advise you follow that piece of advice.

Either you know how to easily access a template when you open a new document
in 2007 or you don't.

Find someone else to share your witicisms with - I need to know how to
easily access my templates. The Supreme Court doesn't care about bickering -
all they care about is that my documents have the exact and precise margins
and format and right now, I personally do not feel like recreating the wheel.

Thank you.

Fireball

"fireballsabol" wrote:

I write professional legal documents. I have templates created. I cannot find
them to use them. How do I use them in this new piece of crap application?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I find it very hard to believe that you were "forced to upgrade to Office
2007" since it is still in development and has not yet been released for
commercial sale. Assuming, therefore, that you're using Word 2003, see
€œFrequently Asked Questions About the Location of Templates in Word 2003€ at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=826867

If you want to restore easy access to the File New dialog, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm